Making DIY Tub and Shower Cleaner
I always assumed I needed some type of chemical-laden tub and shower cleaner to keep my bathroom clean. Then I started to realize what type of damage I was doing to my body using those chemicals. That’s when I made the switch to a DIY tub and shower cleaner.
When I started experimenting with different DIY tub and shower cleaners, my main concern was that they actually worked. I wasn’t going to spend all afternoon trying to scrub soap scum off the shower door.
I found this DIY tub and shower cleaner was one of the best ways to clean glass shower doors, shower walls, and tubs. Plus, since it contains vinegar, I also learned it has the added benefit of killing mold and mildew.
This DIY shower cleaner spray is incredibly easy to make. You only need three basic ingredients, and you most likely have two of them already in your home. While you can use it as a daily DIY shower cleaner, it’s so effective I only need to use it once a week.
Plus, if the grout between your tiles is starting to look a little dingy, you can also use this homemade grout cleaner for incredible results you have to see to believe.
How to Make DIY Shower and Tub Cleaner
- 16-ounce glass spray bottle
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of Dr. Bronner’s Sal Suds
- Pour the water, distilled white vinegar, and Dr. Bronner’s Sal Suds into the spray bottle.
- Give the spray bottle a gentle shake to combine the ingredients.
- Spray the cleaner on your shower or tub, let it rest for a few minutes, and then use a scrub brush to clean.
- Rinse thoroughly when done.
A Few Notes About DIY Shower Cleaner
This DIY tub and shower cleaner is potent, so you’ll want to turn on the fan or open a window when you use it. The Dr. Bronner’s Sal Suds will also make your shower very slippery. Be careful when you’re cleaning, and make sure you give the shower or tub a good rinse before anyone uses it.
Why This Natural Tub Cleaner Works
This is one of the best shower cleaners because it has two powerful cleaning agents working together. The Dr. Bronner’s Sal Suds dissolves dirt and soap scum. The vinegar kills mold and mildew, dissolves soap scum, breaks down dirt, and helps to eliminate odors.
Other DIY Cleaners
Looking for some more natural and effective DIY cleaners you can make at home? Check out some of our other popular homemade cleaners:
- How to Make Reusable Disinfecting Wipes
- How to Make DIY Hardwood Floor Cleaner
- Natural Ways to Clear a Clogged Drain
- Homemade Dishwasher Detergent Without Borax