The Best Teal Pumpkin Treats for Halloween
Whether you’re participating in the Teal Pumpkin Project, or you’re simply interested in having a more eco-friendly Halloween by handing out treats that aren’t candy, it might be hard to know what to give. Fortunately, this list of the best Teal Pumpkin treats can help you find items that all kids will love!
What Is the Teal Pumpkin Project?
The Teal Pumpkin Project is a movement designed to make Halloween safer and more inclusive for all children, and it’s a cause that’s near and dear to my heart.
My son has an egg and peanut allergy, which can sometimes make it hard for him to participate in certain activities like other children — especially Halloween.
Every Halloween, my husband and I take our son trick or treating. Then, like pretty much all the other parents out there, we spread out his candy haul on the kitchen table to inspect it. However, we aren’t just looking for safety issues. We’re also looking for ingredients that could literally kill our son.
You don’t realize how many types of candy contain eggs or peanuts until you have to sort through a huge pile and present a disappointed child with a small pile of what’s safe for him.
When I learned about the Teal Pumpkin Project, I became so excited. Finally, here was a way for my son to not feel left out of something simply because of his food allergies.
The Teal Pumpkin Project wants to make Halloween safer for all kids by offering non-food trinkets and toys instead of (or in addition to) regular Halloween candy. (By the way, if you want to hand out candy as well, don’t forget to check out our post on the best eco-friendly Halloween treats!)
If you want to participate in the Teal Pumpkin Project, all you have to do is place a sign, a flag, or a teal pumpkin at your door. Then fill your goody bowl with some of these best Teal Pumpkin treats.
15 Affordable Teal Pumpkin Treats
- Glow Sticks, Necklaces, or Bracelets– Kids always love to play with things that glow in the dark. That’s why these glow sticks, glow necklaces, and glow bracelets make for fun Teal Pumpkin treats. These glow-in-the-dark Halloween novelty toys are another awesome option to consider.
- Coloring Books– These Halloween coloring books are a great way for kids to have some fun and work on their creativity.
- Mini Notebooks– Another great Teal Pumpkin treat are these Halloween mini notebooks.
- Halloween Pencils or Crayons– If you’ll be handing out notebooks or coloring books, these Halloween pencils and these small boxes of crayons also make great treats.
- Halloween Erasers or Pencil Toppers– If you plan on handing out Halloween pencils, you can include these Halloween pencil toppers to make the treat more special. Plus, these Halloween erasers are one of the best Teal Pumpkin treats because you get so many for a budget-friendly price.
- Bouncy Balls– These Halloween bouncy balls are great toys to include in your Teal Pumpkin treat bowl. For even more fun, consider getting these glow-in-the-dark bouncy balls.
- Bubbles– These Halloween bubbles are a hit because all kids love to play with bubbles.
- Temporary Tattoos– My son always has a fun time playing with temporary Halloween tattoos like these.
- Spider Rings– What’s Halloween without some creepy, crawly spider rings?
- Vampire Fangs– Vampire fangs are another Halloween classic that kids love.
- Stencils– Halloween stencils are a fun idea because they let kids get a little creative with their artwork.
- Stickers– Halloween stickers are one of the best Teal Pumpkin treats because they’re so affordable. With a roll like this, you get to decide how many stickers to keep on each sheet.
- Stamps– What kid doesn’t love to play around with some Halloween stamps?
- Noise Makers– While these noise makers may not be a hit with parents (I know I always cringe when my son picks one from the treat bowl) kids certainly do love them.
- Halloween Rubber Duckies– These Halloween rubber duckies are absolutely adorable. Kids of all ages can’t resist them!
The Best Teal Pumpkin Treats
The Teal Pumpkin Project is a great way for all children to be able to celebrate Halloween. If you’re interested in having a Teal Pumpkin treat bowl for your trick-or-treaters, you know they’ll love to get some of these best Teal Pumpkin treats.
More Outstanding Eco-Friendly Tips
Now that you know more about the best Teal Pumpkin treats, are you interested in making all of your holidays a little more eco-friendly? Then be sure to check out some of these other popular posts:
- Awesome Zero Waste Gift Wrap Ideas
- The Best Eco-Friendly Easter Basket Treats
- How to Celebrate a Sustainable Thanksgiving
- Unique Eco-Friendly Gifts for Women