How to Make Homemade Coffee Scrub to Reduce Cellulite
When you make that fresh pot of coffee in the morning, don’t just throw the grounds away. Instead, consider making a homemade coffee scrub that can help reduce cellulite, give you smooth skin, and offer a little pick-me-up in the shower.
Can Coffee Grounds Really Reduce Cellulite?
Cellulite. It’s the bane of women around the world. But could something as simple as coffee grounds really help reduce the appearance of cellulite?
As a matter of fact, yes! The caffeine that’s in coffee grounds and the scrubbing motion you use to apply the coffee grounds help stimulate dilation. This tightens and plumps the skin, which helps reduce the look of cellulite.
Additionally, coffee grounds contain antioxidants that can increase collagen production. This also helps reduce the appearance of cellulite.
Homemade Coffee Scrub Ingredients
- 1 cup of coffee grounds
- 3 tablespoons of sea salt
- 6 tablespoons of fractionated coconut oil
- airtight container
Homemade Coffee Scrub Directions
- Combine the coffee grounds and sea salt in a bowl and stir together.
- Add the fractionated coconut oil to the mixture and stir well.
- Transfer the mixture into an airtight container.
- When you’re in the shower, apply the coffee scrub to your skin in a circular motion before rinsing off.
- If you’re using this coffee scrub to exfoliate before shaving, be sure to check out our post on how to make homemade shaving gel for a smooth shave.
Why Use Fractionated Coconut Oil?
You’ll notice this homemade coffee scrub calls for fractionated coconut oil instead of regular coconut oil. This is a key ingredient for one very important reason.
If you pick up a jar of regular coconut oil, you’ll find that it’s actually solid. Coconut oil only becomes a liquid when you heat it up. When it cools down to room temperature, it becomes solid again.
Now imagine what happens if it cools down and becomes solid while it’s still in your pipes? Yeah. You’re looking at a nasty clog.
If this has already happened to you, be sure to check out our post on the best natural ways to clear a clogged drain.
Fractionated coconut oil, which is also sometimes called liquid coconut oil, stays liquid when it cools down. Not only does this extend the shelf life of the oil, but it also makes it easier for the oil to absorb in the skin without clogging pores.
Homemade Coffee Scrub
Whether you’re gearing up for bathing suit season or simply looking for a fantastic scrub that can help give you smooth and glowing skin, you’ll love this homemade coffee scrub.
More Eco-Friendly Tips
If you enjoyed making this homemade scrub, be sure to check out some of our other popular eco-friendly and natural living posts:
- How to Make Homemade Aloe Vera Gel
- The Best Natural Sunscreens
- How to Make Homemade Natural Face Paint
- How to Naturally Ease Eczema