How to Make a Homemade Citrus-Infused Vinegar for Cleaning
If you’re interested in making your own natural cleaning products, a citrus-infused vinegar cleaner is an excellent addition to your collection because it combines the amazing cleaning power of vinegar and citrus. Even better, it’s incredibly easy to make!
Learn more about the benefits of cleaning with vinegar and how to make citrus-infused vinegar so you can enjoy a refreshing and effective clean around your entire home.
Benefits of Cleaning With Vinegar
Vinegar is an outstanding natural cleaning ingredient that you can use to clean all types of surprising things around the house.
A lot of its cleaning power comes from its acidity. Not only can this acidity dissolve mineral deposits and break up grease and grime, but it can also kill certain types of bacteria and viruses.
However, one of the biggest complaints about cleaning with vinegar is the way it smells. You can often use essential oils to mask this rather distinctive odor, but it’s also very easy to use citrus peels since the peel is where the essential oils are located.
This DIY citrus-infused vinegar combines the acidity of vinegar with the cleaning power of citrus, which contains d-limonene, a natural solvent that cuts through grease and dirt. It also smells fantastic!
Plus, since you were likely going to throw away the citrus peels anyway, this is a great way to reuse them.
How to Make DIY Citrus-Infused Vinegar Spray
When you’re ready to enjoy using a natural cleaner with a refreshing scent, simply follow these directions to make your own DIY citrus-infused vinegar cleaner.
1. Add about a 1/2 cup of fresh citrus peels to the glass jar.
2. Fill the jar with vinegar and screw on the lid. Give the jar a gentle shake to make sure the vinegar covers the citrus peels.
3. Keep the jar in a sunny location for at least 2 weeks. Give the jar a gentle shake every other day to help release the oils in the citrus peels.
4. After 2 weeks, strain out the citrus peels and leave the infused vinegar in the jar.
5. You can use the infused vinegar in place of regular vinegar in your homemade cleaning products.
Citrus-Infused Vinegar Ideas
In addition to using citrus peels, you can also use fresh herbs, dried herbs, and spices to create other unique scents. You can experiment with different combinations to find your favorite, or you can try out a few of these simple combinations:
- Orange peels and cinnamon stick
- Grapefruit peels and rosemary
- Lemon peels and eucalyptus
- Lime peels and oregano/sage/thyme
Making Your Own Natural Cleaning Products
Do you love to make your own natural cleaning products, but you have such a hard time remembering the different recipes? Then you’re in luck!
We’ve put together this awesome bundle that has over 25 recipe cards and labels for natural cleaning products you can use around your home. It also has a guide on excellent essential oil cleaning blends and a cheat sheet on the natural cleaning ingredients you should never mix together.
Thanks to this bundle, you’ll find it easier than ever to make your own DIY cleaning products and have everything you need get your home clean the natural way!
DIY Citrus-Infused Vinegar Cleaner
If you love the cleaning power of vinegar, but can’t stand the scent, you’re in luck. Now that you know how to make citrus-infused vinegar for cleaning, you can combine the best of these two awesome natural cleaning products into one outstanding cleaner you’ll want to use around your entire home.
More Excellent Sustainable Cleaning Tips
Did you enjoy learning how to make a DIY citrus-infused vinegar cleaner? Are you interested in learning how to make even more outstanding natural cleaning products at home? Then please be sure to take a look at some of our other popular posts:
- How to Make an Amazingly Effective DIY Grout Cleaner
- Why You Should Never Use Bleach to Kill Mold
- 20 Genius Uses for Castile Soap
- The Easiest Way to Make DIY Dusting Spray